Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Academic Plan

Academic Plan

While at Butler, I plan on getting all of my general ed's out of the way, which is what many others are planning on doing as well in order to transfer to a university. This semester I am taking Psychology, Music Appreciation, Public Speaking, Student Connect and US History.

At this point in time I plan on majoring in early childhood development or elementary education, though my plan will most likely change throughout college. Next semester I plan on taking courses such as child care administration, infant/toddler development, developmental psychology or child psychology, Principals of early childhood education and child nutrition and health. There are also many electives that I may consider such as children's literature, intro to the exceptional child, practicum for paraprofessional, early childhood mentoring, and spanish for early childhood staff.

Butler offeres several education options that will help me make my dreams of this career a reality. A total of 40 hours are required in addition to the required classes from the Associate in Applied Science degree for a total of 62 hours.

I think that majoring in early childhood development or elementary education is a good choice for me because I enjoy being around children and interacting with them. A reason why I lean towards this major I think, is because of the children that I have been around in the past, a perfect example is my nephew. I spend time with him and have watched him the past 2 years learn so many things. The courses offered here at Butler will surely help point me in the right direction to meet my goals.

No comments: